Mobilization – Survey Projects
“The heart of the Mobilization Department is that everyone can do something to help end modern-day slavery and follow God’s call to seek justice and defend the oppressed (Isa 1:17)” says Blair Pippin, FA’s Community Liaison. “One way for anyone to get involved is by being a voice for the voiceless. Many times we don’t know what to say or how to say it, so we have developed a Survey Project that creates awareness by asking questions. Through these questions, we are able to find out how well our community is informed. This often leads to great conversations where we are able to share more. It is a great way to take a step of faith to begin sharing with others about human trafficking. We provide training and a fact sheet that can help lead the conversation.”
“During the last Survey Project, I met a man who drives a city bus. He was eager to learn what warning signs to look for because he sees so many people getting on and off his bus. I shared some red flags with him and gave him our flyer that has the National Human Trafficking Hotline phone number on it. He put it in his wallet so he could report anything suspicious. You never know, God could use this bus driver to rescue a victim of human trafficking in Orlando because I met him on a Survey Project. “ Blair Pippin
- Please pray that the people of God will be moved by His call to seek justice and defend the oppressed.
- Pray that we would see groups from local churches sign up to raise awareness of human trafficking through survey projects.
- Pray that the Lord would raise up an army of abolitionists to use their time, talents, and treasure to eradicate slavery from our city, state, country, and world
In 2009 Nancy Marquez founded “Mujer Determinada” (Determined Woman), the Hispanic/Latino Abolitionist ministry that partners with FA to bring awareness and prevention to the Spanish speaking community in Central Florida. In order to accomplish this, Nancy has mobilized prayer groups, has written multiple bi-lingual curriculums, speaks at various gatherings and attends community events. This growing ministry meets a critical need with the ever-changing demographics in Florida. To check out the Spanish page on the FA website, click here.
- The FA Spanish Curriculum for adults has recently been translated into English. Please pray for the revision, that it would be done with excellence. Also pray that it would be ready on the FA website by January 1, 2013
- There are multiple upcoming events where Nancy’s team has the opportunity to have a booth; October 20 is the next one. Please pray that people would be interested in signing up to pray and volunteer. Also, pray for a workshop she will be offering that day, entitled “How to raise up a prayer force.”
Targeted prayer in Orlando – Massage parlors
Victims of trafficking can be found wherever sex is for sale. Common venues for sex trafficking in the United States are massage parlors. Spa and massage storefronts can be seen in strip malls across the country and often contain women coerced into commercial sex, many from Asian decent; illegal immigrants who don’t speak English, don’t understand American culture, and have little access to avenues of escape. Pray for the exposing of these illegal establishments that exploit victims of trafficking and for the rescue of the girls who are trapped in this lifestyle. Become involved in fighting trafficking in your community by keeping an eye out for massage parlors that could be operating just next door to your grocery store, post office, or en route to your office. To report a tip call the National Human Trafficking Hotline at: 1-888-3737-888. (As reported in the September Prayer Bulletin by Exodus Cry)
Central Florida in the news
Human Trafficking is in the news. For recent stories go here. Pray for the issues and those individuals that are involved.