The Justice Center:
“God is strategically raising up the Justice Center and the Abolitionist House of Prayer right in the heart of Orlando’s well known street for prostitution, drug trafficking, murder and human trafficking,” says Florida Abolitionist President, Tomas Lares. “This Fall 2012 we are establishing a place of worship and prayer where God’s people can come together to cry out for the injustice of human trafficking. Our goal is to raise up a prayer shield by standing in the gap for the victims, survivors, “Johns” and the traffickers/pimps. We will also be praying for the organizations, including law enforcement, that are combating this horrible crime. The Justice Center will also be a place where we will be equipping the community on prevention, education, trainings and outreach. Please pray for God’s provision as we continue to move forward with the vision He has given us. God Bless!”
- The new building lease was just signed and in the next few weeks we will make big decisions about look and function of the building. Please pray for creativity, discernment and for agreeable spirits for decision makers,.
- Tomas Lares is working on a projected budget for the running of the Justice Center. Pray for accuracy and wisdom and for provision.
New short films being developed for use on the FA website:
”I’m going to be starting a series of short testimonials that will be shown on the FA website,” says FA videographer Matt Huston, a Senior film student at UCF and a writer, director and freelance editor. “We are going to be starting with three, three-minute videos that will hopefully be shot within the next few weeks. The videos will feature anyone from a trafficking victim, to an FBI agent; from a lawyer to an FA volunteer. Putting these videos on the FA website will be a huge step for us. We can use them as conversation starters and bring people to the site through them. People would much rather watch a 3 minute video than simply read text and stats on our site. That said, the people who come to our website will become much more emotionally involved after watching a video and will be more likely to want to get involved in FA and tell their family and friends about us. On top of all that, we’re getting stories out that need to be heard, from both victims and their unsung heroes.”
- Thank God for a local church that is allowing Matt and his team to use their film equipment and studio for editing etc.
- Pray that these short films would be finished quickly and that they would be used to reach many people.
- Pray that Matt would have wisdom as he crafts each of these films and that he would find time in his busy schedule to work on them.
Targeted prayer area in Orlando:
Orange Blossom Trail is notorious for under age prostitution. For a recent Orlando Sentinel report on this click here
- As our Justice Center moves into the heart of this area pray for light to shine into the darkness.
- Pray that God would be moving on OBT in mighty ways, convicting, rescuing and restoring many.